On April 17, 2018, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) instituted trial in an IPR filed by Unified against U.S. Patent 6,564,229 owned by NPE Fortress Credit Co. LLC and asserted by Uniloc Luxembourg, S.A., another notorious NPE and exclusive licensee of the '229 patent. The '229 patent, generally directed to pausing move or copy operations within a data processing system, has been asserted in 10 separate district court proceedings in 2017 against such companies as Square Enix, Nexon America, Big Fish Games, Ubisoft, Kaspersky Lab, and Akamai Technologies.
To read the decision and to view the entire proceeding, visit our PTAB Portal.
Litigation history for US 6,564,229
- Square Enix Inc. (2:17-cv-00302)
- Kaspersky Lab, Inc. (2:17-cv-00305)
- Nexon America, Inc. (2:17-cv-00276)
- Big Fish Games, Inc. (2:17-cv-00172)
- Big Fish Games, Inc. (2:17-cv-01183)
- Akamai Technologies, Inc. (2:17-cv-00375)
- Akamai Technologies, Inc. (3:17-cv-02116)
- Ubisoft, Inc. (2:17-cv-00175)
- Riot Games, Inc. (2:17-cv-00275)